Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I am not a Mormon

Just wanted to clarify to anyone who might read this....I am not a Mormon!  Google posts ads on this blog and one of them was about Mormonism.  I am a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and I choose to worship and fellowship at a Baptist church - not that my church or "religion" is really a defining characteristic of myself, though.  I am a Christian.  I believe in God as creator of all things.  I believe that sin came into the world and that the penalty for sin is death - eternal separation from God the Father.  I believe that God sent His Son, Jesus, to be born as a man and live on this earth.  I believe that Jesus gave His life for my sins and the sins of this world by dying on a cross.  I believe that Jesus was buried in a borrowed tomb and raised from the dead after three days. I believe that He appeared to His disciples in His resurrected body and then ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of God the Father awaiting the purposed time to call His children home.  I believe that you are a child of God when you believe these things and seek a life that glorifies God - repenting of the sins that your humanness cannot fully escape from until the day you die or Jesus comes again!  These are the things I believe.  Just in case you were wondering.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment