Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Random Thoughts About "Thank You" Cards

I recently celebrated my 40th birthday!  

  

My husband went to great lengths to surprise me by throwing a BIG party!  
It was a bit overwhelming but very, very fun!  
It was so humbling to look across the faces and think how blessed I am.  
After the party I sat down to write a few thank you cards.  As I was writing, I began thinking just how important that process is!  When you write a card to someone, you are honoring the person you are writing to by using those few moments to reflect on that individual person alone.  I so enjoyed thinking about dear friends that have been a part of my life for so many years, as well as, those that in such a short time have become priceless to me!  It was a pleasure to take an afternoon to honor my friends and family.  

Thank you all for honoring my special day!  Love is such a splendid thing!  
I am so appreciative of my friends and family
-I know how quickly they can slip away.  
Thank you Lord for your blessings-not just the tangible, touchable things but those blessings that abound in the spiritual realm-those things that are unseen but so lovingly felt through faith!     


1 comment:

  1. Just discussed the lost "art" of sending thank you cards. i must admit that the easiest way is via e-mail and postage has gotten so expensive. I remember when it was really a penny post card. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete